Thursday, June 4, 2009

School's out forever!

I’m going to try to start blogging a little more often, to keep our family &friends more up-to-date on our lives.

Mike has been repairing the basement. We are finally at the stage where he is able to put up sheetrock. So far he has done 2 rooms, and is working on the family room right now – by himself. Way to go Mike! Looking good! (and the basement is coming along nicely too.)

I have been in nesting phase hardcore. I have completely cleaned out 3 rooms so far, and have plans to move the toys upstairs so the boys have somewhere to play out of Mike’s way. I am glad that school is out, and plan on subjecting my kids to “summer learning” so their brains don’t rot entirely with all the mindless TV & computer games. My pregnancy is progressing well, and my due date has been moved to September 21st.

Michael is officially out of school today. He has worked very hard this year, and has learned and accomplished much. I am so proud of him. He also loves telling jokes, and has come up with some good original “knock knock” jokes.

Joshua has been enjoying being out of school this week. He has learned & grown so much this year. He’s becoming quite a good reader. He is also becoming such a good helper (after he overcomes his complaints and excuses). He surprised me this week by getting breakfast for Nathaniel – without my asking! Both Nathaniel and I were very grateful.

Nathaniel is talking more than ever. He loves mimicking us so that we will laugh for him. Whenever we start telling “knock-knock” jokes, he chimes in with, “not-not, who’s der?” He loves going outside to play (loves his “Baw” – ball) and will stand by the door yelling, “MAMA! MAMAaaaaaaaaa!!! ‘Side!” until I let him out. And joy of joys, he is sleeping in his own bed! Granted, Mama has to stand guard until he goes to sleep, but he stays there all night and everyone is sleeping better for it. We just moved his bed into the room with his 2 older brothers, so we’ll have to hope that this new arrangement will not disturb his 3-day sleep pattern. Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

No comments: