Monday, July 20, 2009

Anyone seen my mind?

I have a changing "table" in my laundry room . It comes in handy to use the counter right next to the laundry sink to change the babies, because if they're too messy, you can just plop them in the sink and give them a quick bath. The problem is that Nathaniel likes to pull everything else on the counter into the bath with him. After loosing the umpteenth diaper to a bath, I decided to put them out of reach. Problem solved.

Then the next day I was changing Nathaniel, and couldn't find any diapers in the laundry room! I quickly called for Michael, and when he came in, gave him instructions to get diapers from upstairs - HURRY!! Then Nathaniel giggled and pointed up and said, "Di-ers!"
I looked where he was pointing, and sure enough, there were the diapers on the high shelf, right where I'd put them. I giggled with him. Silly mommy. Maybe someday I'll be as smart as my baby.

I knew that my babies were taking all my brain cells, but I didn't know they were taking my memory too.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

That's funny! I've put things places for the sole purpose of having them in a place where I would remember them, and then had no idea later where I put them, despite my knowing I'd put them somewhere I'd be sure to remember them. I don't recall have the benefit of my kids pointing out where I put them though. So, next time that happens, would you mind lending me Nathaniel so he can help me find the stuff I can't find? He'd be a great asset around here!

Elizabeth Newren Egbert said...

Of course Nathaniel knew where the diapers were - he's been planning for week on how to get them from that high shelf into the sink with him!