Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly....

Some recents firsts for our family. First the good: Nathaniel has been standing on his own for a few seconds at a time. Still wobbly, but standing, then quickly foomping down on his bottom, or reaching for a hand.
The bad, Nathaniel is eating everything, and I do mean everything. Lint, carpet yarns, old food dug out from under the fridge... It's so gross! I've never had a kid shove anything he could get in his mouth before he even looked at it.
And the ugly: Joshua stuck a toy up his nose last night. He started screaming incoherently about 9:30 last night. I asked him what was the matter, and he replied, "I stuck deh diamond in my nose and now I tan't det it out." So I took him to the doctor and she very kindly got it out. It was a small pink gem that was flat on one side. Ugh. We had a lengthy discussion about what you do and do not put in your body. Only sounds in the ears, sights in the eyes, food in the mouth and air in the nose. Ah the things kids do.

No comments: